Black Ballad is looking for a Senior Writer to join its growing editorial team. This role is open to applicants from across the UK, who are happy to work remotely and travel to London when needed.
Black Ballad is looking for a talented journalist who is looking to grow into a new challenge. It is the perfect role for a writer with experience who is looking to learn and grow as an editor. Responsibilities include writing features, commissioning writers, editing and proofing submissions and publishing to the Black Ballad website.
This is a full time role with a salary of £30,000, plus commercial bonuses, workplace perks and the ability to work remotely.
- Develop and write features
- Commission other writers
- Editing and proofreading submissions
- Use Black Ballad’s CMS to publish to the website
- Produce written content for commercial projects
- Execute and expand our editorial vision
- Contribute regularly to the BB Premium Members’ Slack group
Skills & Experience
- Experience as a writer or journalist
- Strong written, verbal and virtual communication skills
- Passion for women’s media, confident knowledge of the Black Ballad audience and editorial vision
- Ability to think creatively and take initiative to bring ideas to life
- Willing to manage people and small projects
- Strong attention to detail
- Motivated, proactive and able to adapt to a fast-paced start up environment
- Knowledge of creative software such as Canva and Adobe Creative Suite is a bonus
- Experience or interest in multimedia projects (podcasting, video, photography) also a bonus
Salary & Perks
- Annual salary of £30,000
- Commercial Bonuses (Similar roles increased their income by an average of 15% in 2021)
- Period Days
- 28 Days of Holiday Allowance
- Employee Share Scheme
- The ability to work remotely
- Choice of brand new iMac or MacBook book, plus accessories
- Lunch & Learn sessions (past sessions have included personal financial planning)
Black Ballad is a media & data company that inspires black woman globally to realise how she can change her world through every click she makes and every conversation she has.
Our starting point is the Black Ballad membership - the leading subscription for black women in Europe, providing access to content, events & lifestyle perks that black women can't get anywhere else. This unique relationship with black women is the foundation of all Black Ballad's work, across content, community, events, advertising & research.
Black Ballad's goal is to create the ultimate lifestyle experience for black women everywhere & lead the world in reaching, engaging & understanding black women.
The application form will ask you some interview style questions, ask you to share some of your best work & ask you to attach your CV & covering letter, so give yourself enough time to complete the application
To apply, please complete the form below. If you have any issues with the form below, please click here and apply.
Applications are open until Monday 8th November at 23:59