Black Ballad is looking for a Commercial Lead to work closely alongside our CEO to continue growing the commercial arm of Black Ballad. We have worked with brands that include PUMA, Dove, NHS, Quercus Books, Vintage Books, Tangle Teezer, Facebook, Southbank Centre and others. We want someone in this role who can help us expand our partnership portfolio and win over clients to help us create experiences to help Black women live their best lives.
While Black Ballad is based in London, we are all still working remotely due to the uncertainty of Corona.
The ideal candidate for this job is someone excellent at dissecting incoming client briefs and judging the best ways to work with potential brands and clients in a way that strengthens the integrity of the Black Ballad brand and further cement our status as the leading lifestyle company in Europe to reach, engage and understand Black women.
The person that fulfils this role will have a strong network of brands and agencies that want to form a relationship with black women. The successful candidate will be able to identify, find and initiate conversations with key stakeholders at brands, agencies and other relevant organisations to help Black Ballad win and form long lasting fruitful relationships that result in opportunities for us to pitch for new business and receive consistent inbound briefs.
- Create and maintain relationships with key stakeholders at brands, agencies and other organisations
- Work alongside Black Ballad's CEO to create exceptional creative briefs that will win over clients
- Project manage deals to ensure Black Ballad fulfils partnership commitment, delivers a world class response to partnership and maintains a positive relationship with client
- Pitch Black Ballad's creative ideas and sell the brand to potential clients and external brands
- Find the right clients to be Black Ballad's partners on a range of Black Ballad products across editorial, events, data and social
- Take the lead in developing Black Ballad's relationships with Black Owned Brands and grow our brand directory for members
- Work with other members of the Black Ballad team to see how we can partner with a range of brands to enhance the Black Ballad membership
Skills and Qualifications
- At least two years experience in working in sales for either a media publication, media house or advertising agency
- Highly driven and proactive to ensure Black Ballad meets its Business Development targets
- A deep and nuanced understanding of the Black Ballad woman, community and brand
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to present to small and large groups, virtually and in person
- Overall strong attention to detail and has an exceptional ability to spot key details when working through client briefs to deliver winning responses
- Positive attitude, understanding and willingness to adapt the unpredictable nature of working in a start up
- Has a strong network of key stakeholders across a range of brands and companies
Black Ballad is the leading digital media and data company for Black women in Europe. Black Ballad's vision is to inspire every black woman to realise how she can change her world through every click she makes and every conversation she has.
At the heart of Black Ballad is our membership, that sees Black women across the globe pay for access to all our content, events and perks we create to help them live their best lives possible and provide them with media and lifestyle experiences that no other consumer company can offer them.
To create the best membership, we run large and small scale surveys that help us understand this audience and identify their needs, wants and expectations from us.
Finally, we work with brands who want to reach, engage and understand this often overlooked and underserved audience of Black women.
£30,000 - £35,000 (depending on experience) + revenue share programme
- Part of employee equity share scheme
- Pension Scheme
- Period Days
- Choice of new iMac or MacBook Pro
- 20 Holiday Days allowance + Bank Holidays
To apply, please complete the form below. The application form will ask you some interview style questions, so please take your time and you will also need to attach your CV and covering letter and some past examples of your work.
Applications are open until Tuesday 14th September at 11:59 pm.