Promoting, Sharing & Developing the entrepreneurial excellence of black women in Britain.
That is the goal of the Black Ballad Black Women's Business Summit.
Black women are having a moment for the ages, from shaping culture and expressing themselves creatively for the world to observe and enjoy, to making ground-breaking products and services that only we can create. The Black Ballad Black Women's Business Summit wants to make sure that black female creators and entrepreneurs know how to profit from their hard work.
Black Ballad's first ever all-day event, which is being hosted by NatWest, will provide education, examples & experiences to help the coming class of black female entrepreneurs take the next step in their entrepreneurial journeys.
#BWBiz18 attendees will have four opportunities to choose which sessions they want to hear, with 12 different talks to choose from, followed by a keynote and networking drinks. The topics include:
- What To Know When Starting Out
- How To Build A Business Plan
- Do's & Don'ts Of Crowdfunding
- A Guide To Professional Networking
- Taking Your Business Global
- Managing Your Mental Health As An Entrepreneur
The full schedule & itinerary will be announced in the coming weeks
The Summit will be full catered, with food and refreshments througout the day. There will also be opportunity to buy from black-owned businesses at the #BWBiz18 Marketplace, or spend your time networking with other attendees.
#BWBiz18 will have 13 sessions throughout the day, led by some of leading entrepreneurs & business professionals in the UK, most of which are black women. Some of the achievements and career highlights from the speakers include: Sunday Times Best Selling Author, Forbes 30 Under 30 winners, Top 3 ranked Business Podcast on iTunes, an MBE, 1st Afro haircare brand in Europe to be sold in Whole Foods, Director at CIPR and much more.
The first wave of announced speakers are:
Ade Hassan - Founder of Nubian Skin
Florence Adepoju - Founder of MDMflow & Cosmetic Scientist
Imriel Morgan - Founder of ShoutOut Network & Host of Wanna Be Podcast
Joycelyn Mate & Rachael Corson - Founders of Afrocenchix
Otegha Uwagba - Author of Little Black Book: The Sunday Times Bestseller & Founder of Women Who
Ronke Lawal - Founder of Ariatu PR & Director at Chartered Institute of Public Relations
Tobi Oredein & Bola Awoniyi - Founders of Black Ballad
Full speaker list will be announced in the coming weeks
Every ticket to #BWBiz18 comes with:
- Entry to #BWBiz18
- Create your own Summit experience - choose the four sessions you wish to attend during #BWBiz18
- Access to the #BWBiz18 Marketplace - a shopping experience full of black owned businesses
- Food, refreshments & drinks served throughout the Summit, including networking drinks to close
- Access to an exclusive, attendees only Facebook group to network before and after the Summit
The Black Women's Business Summit event is open to everyone that wishes to attend, but has been created specifically with black British women in mind.
Black Ballad members have access to discounted tickets sent to them via email. If you are a member, not have not received anything, email us at email@example.com
- General admission: £49
- Black Ballad members: £35
- Black Ballad premium members: £25
We are also bundling a limited number of event tickets with three months’ Black Ballad membership.
- General Admission + 3 months BB membership: £56.50
- General Admission + 3 months BB premium membership: £59.50
If you are buying a ticket + membership bundle, you'll receive an email within 48 hours of purchase with your activation code.
Why else should you become a Black Ballad member? Glad you asked! Find out more about Black Ballad member here.